At the end of the course, students will be able to:
1. Understand the Federal, State, and Indian Tribe regulatory requirements for lead dust clearance testing.
2. Conduct a visual inspection and correctly identify visible dust, debris, and deteriorated paint.
3. Appropriately determine where to take dust samples and how to develop a sampling strategy.
4. Collect dust samples in accordance with standard acceptable procedures.
5. Interpret the results of a laboratory analysis for lead in dust correctly.
6. Apply these skills to conduct an appropriate lead dust clearance test in post-renovation and other circumstances.
7. Write a complete, accurate, and understandable report of sampling results.
8. Explain the results to the client.